Вопросы о Лунных Кораблях 11Ф94

Автор David Lee Rickman, 19.08.2011 15:48:48

« назад - далее »

David Lee Rickman

Now that I understand the layout and functions of the antennae, I can get back to an earlier question...

I still don't know what this white panel object is, and what its' purpose is on the LK:

There was the suggestion that this might be an insulating panel used to cover this area after the electrical connection block under it is removed by means of pyro-activated springs.

But, I have not been able to get any better views of this, and it only seems to appear on the Mozhaisky LK.

Hmmmm,

David L. Rickman
549 Caribou Road
Asheville, NC  28803
USA

David Lee Rickman

And to add to my list of questions....

Oleg was kind enough to provide us with details of the Visual Orientation Device, and the Alignment Sensors (and for this I am extremely grateful:wink: ), so...

While the Visual Orientation Devices on the Mozhaisky and MAI are built differently, are they built by the same bureau, and what bureau designed and built them???

Also ...

These are the Alignment Sensors on the LK at Mozhaisky and Orevo. I've already asked if anybody knows what the purpose of these devices are, but also, who designed and manufactured these devices?

Still lots to learn, but with help I will find out.

Best,

David L. Rickman
549 Caribou Road
Asheville, NC  28803
USA

ОАЯ

Может быть, это три (четыре?)  акселеросетра с ползунковыми резисторами? Реагируют на колебания каждый в своей плоскости и рядом то же развернутое на 90 градусов.

David Lee Rickman

ЦитироватьМожет быть, это три (четыре?)  акселеросетра с ползунковыми резисторами? Реагируют на колебания каждый в своей плоскости и рядом то же развернутое на 90 градусов.

Yes, I understand now! These are the types of devices described here:

http://www.tsenki.com/about/branch/niipm/history/

Thank you!!!

David L. Rickman
549 Caribou Road
Asheville, NC  28803
USA

m-s Gelezniak

ЦитироватьМожет быть, это три (четыре?)  акселеросетра с ползунковыми резисторами? Реагируют на колебания каждый в своей плоскости и рядом то же развернутое на 90 градусов.
На фото оптика.
Шли бы Вы все на Марс, что ли...

David Lee Rickman

Цитироватьhttp://dic.academic.ru/dic.nsf/enc_physics/5244/%D0%A9%D0%95%D0%9B%D0%95%D0%92%D0%AB%D0%95

Question regarding the annular gap antenna: The slots in this framework ...

is this a "slotted waveguide?

Best regards,

David L. Rickman
549 Caribou Road
Asheville, NC  28803
USA

David Lee Rickman

Hello All!

Building this model in 1:5 scale requires me to add minute details that wouldn't be visible in a smaller model. Add to this is my mantra, "Everything in designing and constructing this vehicle was done with a specific purpose."

So when I find details like these little holes evenly spaced in the upper part of the corner edge of the radiator plate, I have to ask: "What is the purpose of these holes?"

Upon further examination of other photos I have found that these holes go around the entire perimeter, and are evenly spaced all the way around this plate.

These are here for a reason. What purpose do these holes serve???

Curiously yours,

David L. Rickman
549 Caribou Road
Asheville, NC  28803
USA

P.S. To give credit where it is due ... I first noticed these holes when I enlarged this Novosti kosmonavtiki (Igor Marinin) photo to search for details and calculate measurements. You can barely see the holes, but you can easily see the light that shined through them.

This is TOTALLY the single best image I have seen of this unit!:wink:

Lesobaza

Цитироватьis this a "slotted waveguide?

Возможно, отверстия для стяжек (бандаж) бортовой кабельной сети.
Ad astra per rectum!!

Lesobaza

ЦитироватьSo when I find details like these little holes evenly spaced in the upper part of the corner edge of the radiator plate, I have to ask: "What is the purpose of these holes?"
А эти отверстия могут быть для крепления матов ЭВТИ
Ad astra per rectum!!

m-s Gelezniak

ЦитироватьSo when I find details like these little holes evenly spaced in the upper part of the corner edge of the radiator plate, I have to ask: "What is the purpose of these holes?"
Это радиатор.

m-s Gelezniak

Цитироватьhttp://dic.academic.ru/dic.nsf/enc_physics/5244/%D0%A9%D0%95%D0%9B%D0%95%D0%92%D0%AB%D0%95

Question regarding the annular gap antenna: The slots in this framework ...

is this a "slotted waveguide?

Best regards,

David L. Rickman
549 Caribou Road
Asheville, NC  28803
USA
Девид, шаг отверстий и длинна не соответствуют метровому диаппазону.

Lesobaza

Это радиатор.
Ну и что. Другую сторону всё-равно закрывать надо. Излучение только с одной стороны. А в данном случае радиатор не прилегает к поверхности отсека.
Ad astra per rectum!!

David Lee Rickman

Это радиатор.
Ну и что. Другую сторону всё-равно закрывать надо. Излучение только с одной стороны. А в данном случае радиатор не прилегает к поверхности отсека.

One thing I have notice upon further examination; the holes on the Mozhaiski LK Radiator are on the face of the edge, while the holes on the MAI LK are on the top of the edge.

This image of the T2K may give a clue:

The EVTI surrounding the Orientation Block (as well as in the areas on the cabin under the Orientation Engines) is white unlike the rest of the EVTI which is a dull silver. It does appear to be attached to the bottom of the radiator plate, but that's inconclusive due to the lack of detail.

I will attempt to get a better copy of this image from V.N. Filin. That may answer many questions.

I greatly appreciate your input!

My Best,

David L. Rickman
549 Caribou Road
Asheville, NC  28803
USA

David Lee Rickman

It is my pleasure to now share a recent success.

One of my work philosophies is, "If you throw enough lines in the water, eventually a fish will bite!"

I have received documents from the General Director of NPP "Kvant" giving the schematics, measurements, and performance specification of the Power Supply designed for the 11F94 and signed off by Boris Chertok:

Needless to say, I am ecstatic!!!!

I can't show the full document publicly at this time, but it will show up in a future publication.

Best regards,

David L. Rickman
549 Caribou Road
Asheville, NC  28803
USA

m-s Gelezniak

Это радиатор.

Потерять 0.3-0.4 полезной площади и добавить массы ЭВТИ?
Тут есть другой ньюанс. Как защитить трубки радиатора от промерзания (там вода). Во время перелета З-Л даже с учётом нахождения ЛК внутри "стакана".
Варианты: закрытие сбрасываемым экраном, постоянная циркуляция, она же с подогревом (чем? (ЛК)), незаполнение трубок радиатора теплоносителем в время пассивного полета.

m-s Gelezniak

ЦитироватьNeedless to say, I am ecstatic!!!!

I can't show the full document publicly at this time, but it will show up in a future publication.

Best regards,
Ну вот, начинается :twisted:  :lol:  :wink:
Из-за подобного подхода. Неудивительно отношение к вашим просьбам
на форумах Можайки, Ветеранов Байконура и тп .

David Lee Rickman

ЦитироватьI can't show the full document publicly at this time, but it will show up in a future publication.

Just so there's no misunderstanding ... this won't be my publication, nor will it be a publication about the Lunniy Korabl itself.:wink:

Best regards,

David L. Rickman
549 Caribou Road
Asheville, NC  28803
USA

David Lee Rickman

Can anybody here explain the function or purpose of the item attached to the Orientation Engine Block fuel tanks???

This is the appearance on the LK at Mai, and also the one on the Mozhaisky LK.

This is the original appearance.

But what function does this serve???

Best Regards,

David L. Rickman
549 Caribou Road
Asheville, NC  28803
USA

David Lee Rickman

One more thing I've noticed: There are two spherical tanks in the Orbital Engine Block, and both tanks appear to be the same size. However, these tanks are installed in a different manner...

This is consistent in the remaining LK models.

But Why???

Curiously Yours,

David L. Rickman
549 Caribou Road
Asheville, NC  28803
USA

David Lee Rickman

ЦитироватьCan anybody here explain the function or purpose of the item attached to the Orientation Engine Block fuel tanks???

This is the appearance on the LK at Mai, and also the one on the Mozhaisky LK.

But what function does this serve???

Best Regards,

David L. Rickman
549 Caribou Road
Asheville, NC  28803
USA

It is quite possible that my answer to this question may be found IF anyone here has a photo of the below object with the circled area in better detail:

It appears this is cut precisely through the item in question, possibly revealing its fully purpose and function.

With this in mind, can anyone here provide a detailed copy of the circled area in this or a similar photograph???

Many "Thanks" in advance!

David L. Rickman
549 Caribou Road
Asheville, NC  28803
USA