Суборбитальные пуски (научные и экспериментальные)

Автор Salo, 05.07.2011 20:10:32

« назад - далее »

tnt22

Too-WINDY

ЦитироватьNASA Wallops‏Подлинная учетная запись @NASA_Wallops 4 ч. назад

Two rockets carrying the Too-WINDY mission successfully launched in the Marshall Islands at 7:28 and 7:33 a.m. ET, reaching altitudes of 232 and 256 miles. The data will help study disturbances in the upper atmosphere that may interfere with radio communication and navigation.

tnt22

Too-WINDY

https://www.nasa.gov/wallops/2019/feature/nasa-mission-to-study-earth-s-atmosphere-by-forming-artificial-night-time-clouds-over
ЦитироватьUPDATE 11 a.m. EST, June 19, 2019 – The skies over the Marshall Islands lit up this morning with the launch of two NASA Black Brant IX sounding rockets 5-minutes apart for the Too-WINDY or Waves and Instabilities from a Neutral Dynamo mission. The first rocket was launched at 7:28 a.m. EDT and flew to an altitude of 232 miles. The second rocket launched at 7:33 a.m. EDT and flew to 256 miles altitude. The vapor trails from the first rocket were observed by the cameras on the NASA Langley Research Center aircraft supporting the mission and good data was received on the instrumented second rocket.

tnt22

RockOn!/RockSat-C
Цитировать NASA's Wallops Flight Facility
55 мин. ·

Good morning from NASA's Wallops Flight Facility! We are currently on schedule for a 5:30 a.m. EDT launch out of Wallops Island, Virginia.
Watch the RockOn! and RockSat-C student missions launch live on Facebook 15 minutes before launch, or on UStream starting at 5:00 a.m.
Watch the countdown and see the visibility map on the Wallops Mission Status Center: https://go.nasa.gov/2CHopqX.

tnt22

tnt22

tnt22

tnt22

tnt22

tnt22

tnt22

tnt22

ЦитироватьNASA Wallops‏Подлинная учетная запись @NASA_Wallops 5 мин. назад

, , , LIFTOFF! A NASA Terrier-Improved Orion sounding rocket launched at 5:30 a.m. EDT from Wallops Island, VA, reaching 73 miles in altitude. The rocket carried more than 100 experiments built by students in the RockOn!, RockSat-C and @CubesInSpace programs.

tnt22

RockOn/RockSat-C
ЦитироватьNASA Wallops‏Подлинная учетная запись @NASA_Wallops 1 ч. назад

Ready to hear the rumble of a NASA sounding rocket launch? Check out the video from today's launch! Sound up, and don't blink or you might miss it!

tnt22

RockOn/RockSat-C
ЦитироватьLaunch of the 2019 RockOn! and RockSat-C student missions

NASAWallops

Опубликовано: 20 июн. 2019 г.

At 5:30 a.m. EDT on June 20, 2019, a Terrier-Improved Orion sounding rocket launched from Wallops Island, Virginia. The rocket carried student experiments to 73 miles in altitude.
(0:30)

tnt22

https://www.nasa.gov/wallops/2019/feature/nasa-launches-student-experiments-to-space-on-a-suborbital-rocket
ЦитироватьJune 20, 2019

NASA Launches Student Experiments to Space on a Suborbital Rocket

Credits: NASA / Allison Stancil-Ervin

More than 200 university students fr om across the United States witnessed the launching of their experiments aboard a NASA suborbital sounding rocket Thursday, June 20, 2019, from the Wallops Flight Facility in Virginia.

The launch, conducted at 5:30 a.m. EDT, is part of the RockOn! and RockSat-C programs designed for students to learn and apply skills in building experiments for suborbital space flight.

"Attending the RockOn! Workshop has not only given me hands-on experience with assembling a payload from start to finish, it has also helped me practice effective teamwork. Learning from peers, helpers, and staff while being at the Wallops Facility has been inspiring and incredible. I look forward to taking newfound knowledge and techniques and applying them to future endeavors," said Katie Pighini, a junior astronomy and astrophysics major at Penn State University in State College, Pennsylvania.
Participants in RockOn! receive instruction on the basics required to develop a scientific payload for flight on a suborbital rocket. After learning the basics in RockOn!, students may then participate in RockSat-C, wh ere during the school year they design and build a more complicated experiment.

Conducted with the Colorado and Virginia Space Grant Consortia, RockOn! is in its twelfth year and RockSat-C its eleventh year.

DeVonte Patterson, a senior computer science major at Langston University in Oklahoma, said, "The chance for me to be a part of ROCKON! is a memory for the books. Through this program, I was able to make positive and productive use of my talent and education. Over the course of one week, I was able to spend many hours listening and talking about NASA stem opportunities that align with my goals and plans. This was a rewarding highlight. Because of this experience, I'm more excited than ever to pursue a career at NASA." 

The 40-foot tall rocket carried 28 experiments (measuring acceleration, humidity, pressure, temperature and radiation counts) from the RockOn! Program, nine experiments in the RockSat-C program and more than 80 small cubes with experiments developed by middle school and high school students flew in the nose cone as part of the Cubes in Space program, a partnership between idoodlelearning inc. and the Colorado Space Grant Consortium.

Launched aboard a 2-stage Terrier-Improved Orion rocket, the experiments flew to an altitude of 73 miles and were recovered from the Atlantic Ocean.  The students will receive their experiments late morning June 20 to begin their data analysis.

NASA's Sounding Rocket Program is conducted at the agency's Wallops Flight Facility, which is managed by NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland. NASA's Heliophysics Division manages the sounding rocket program for the agency.

Keith Koehler
Wallops Flight Facility, Wallops Island, Va.

Last Updated: June 20, 2019
Editor: Patrick Black

tnt22

tnt22

RockSat-X

ЦитироватьNASA Wallops‏Подлинная учетная запись @NASA_Wallops 7 ч.назад

Congratulations on a successful launch to all of the students with experiments on board!

The next sounding rocket launch out of Wallops Island is currently scheduled for August 12 in support of the RockSat-X student mission.

tnt22

ЦитироватьJonathan McDowell‏Подлинная учетная запись @planet4589 9 ч. назад

The MASER 14 SSC/ESA suborbital microgravity payload was launched on a Brazilian-developed VSB-30 sounding rocket from ESRANGE (Kiruna, Sweden) to 260 km apogee at 0652 UTC June 24.

tnt22

tnt22

SARGE

ЦитироватьEXOS‏ @exosaerosystech 13 мин. назад

Join us LIVE tomorrow for SARGE Launch 3 - Mission 2! Our launch window is from 9:30-12, and we will be kicking off the live stream at 9:30 AM MST!

15:30 UTC 29.07.2018

tnt22