Condition and Location of Post-Flight MP-1 (МП-1)

Автор David Lee Rickman, 12.11.2009 19:25:55

« назад - далее »

David Lee Rickman

I am curious to find the МП-1 flown in 1961. Does it still exist, and if so what condition is it in? Many previous questions about the МП-1 have now been answerers by reading the new book, "Космические крылья" recently published. However, I wish to go a little farther into the final fate of the МП-1.

Does the МП-1 rest in a museum, or has it been stored away in the bowels of the facilities of NPO Mash. Or was it simply discarded after examination.

The reason for this inquiry is simple; I am building a 1/16 scale resin cast model of the МП-1 with removable panels to show the interior systems. I would also like to find information on the mechanics of the МП-1 - such as when the 14 braking panels are extended for reentry, what fills the small triangular area between the panels. Is this a flexible material or some other ridged material ?

Also, the jets which fired pressurized air for orientation, what did their configuration look like?

Still many questions about the flight of the МП-1 which could be answered by examining the actual flight model...but is that even possible???

Curiously Yours,

David Lee Rickman

David Lee Rickman

Цитироватьhttp://www.novosti-kosmonavtiki.ru/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8704&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=114

Thank you. However there appears to be something lost in translation. I am speaking of the МП-1 launched on 27 December, 1961 as part of Chelomei's Raketoplan reentry tests.

Thanks,

David L. Rickman