Salyut 2, 3, or 5 on Proton (was TKS Image)

Автор David Lee Rickman, 02.11.2007 22:54:56

« назад - далее »

David Lee Rickman

Since this group was so successful at finding the TKS photo, I have another mystery photo which I will post here...

This came from the same poster of images in the background of NK photo which showed "Almaz Reunion". It is of one of the Almaz stations designated Salyut 2, 3, or 5 on the Proton Carrier Rocket at the pad before launching.. Can anyone recognize this photo and help me find a better copy :wink: ???

(P.S. I edited the original image so the page would not have to extend so far to the right :wink: )

Вадим Лукашевич

Я так понимаю, Дэвид методично пойдет по каждой фотографии на этом плакате! :wink:

David Lee Rickman

ЦитироватьЯ так понимаю, Дэвид методично пойдет по каждой фотографии на этом плакате! :wink:

Alas, it is fortunate that this is the last. I have copies of all the other photographs represented on the poster (and a few more :wink: ) Some are in standard quality, while others are high resolution scans.

It is my passion (even obsession) to study the construction designs of Vladimir Chelomei and his design bureau. Much as an admirer of Rembrandt or Picasso may get a better appreciation for the artist by studying a painting with a magnifying glass to see every brush stroke, I study the photographs of this hardware to find every seam, rivet, and weld.

And since it is currently impossible for me to travel to the facilities of NPO Mash (or to the past to see the actual process) I seek out every photograph, drawing, or frame film footage I can find. So, now perhaps you can understand why it is that when I see a small blurry image it presents a challenge. It is evidence that there is yet another image which I have yet to examine.

We all have our different talents and desires. This is who I am, and this is what I do. I enjoy it very much, and I am quite fortunate to live in a time when such things have opened up and such communications are possible.

And I thank all who participate and add to my knowledge!

ronatu

Когда жизнь экзаменует - первыми сдают нервы.

David Lee Rickman

Actually, I'm going to narrow this down and say this is NOT the Almaz designated Salyut-5. Without seeing the forward manuevering engine area clearer I can't tell if this is Salyut-2, or Salyut-3, but I will say it is not Salyut-5.

Это из видеокосмосовского альбома "Орбитальный комплекс "МИР" 1986-2001". Там есть еще мои рисунки. Только меня в авторы забыли включить, о чем потом долго извинялись.
КАКТОТАК
----------------------------
Моделью ракеты можно достичь модели Марса

David Lee Rickman

ЦитироватьЭто из видеокосмосовского альбома "Орбитальный комплекс "МИР" 1986-2001". Там есть еще мои рисунки. Только меня в авторы забыли включить, о чем потом долго извинялись.

Yes, I remember. Shortly after this book was released I had my first meeting with the Head of Videocosmos, Vladimir Semenov. During this meeting I was presented with a copy of "Орбитальный комплекс "МИР" 1986-2001". Vladimir quickly pointed out that you had created these drawings, but in their error they had forgotten to include your name. He is a good man and was genuinely apologetic.

David Lee Rickman

I'm going to go out on a limb here and put my sleuthing abilities to the test. Based on what I can see in this image I am going to say that this is the Salyut-2/Almaz OPS-1

Any challenges to my assessment? Hopefully, with the help of this group, we will be able to locate a better copy of this image and see if I am correct.

Best Regards,
David L. Rickman

Вадим Лукашевич

ЦитироватьЭто из видеокосмосовского альбома "Орбитальный комплекс "МИР" 1986-2001". Там есть еще мои рисунки. Только меня в авторы забыли включить, о чем потом долго извинялись.
Yes, I remember. Shortly after this book was released I had my first meeting with the Head of Videocosmos, Vladimir Semenov. During this meeting I was presented with a copy of "Орбитальный комплекс "МИР" 1986-2001". Vladimir quickly pointed out that you had created these drawings, but in their error they had forgotten to include your name. He is a good man and was genuinely apologetic.
Да, проблемы с памятью там налицо! Вот еще один пример - когда я приобрел некоторые видеоматериалы по "Бурану" у "Видеокосмоса", В.Семенов обещал при первом же своем приезде в Москву передать мне письменную лицензию, подтверждающую мои права на их использование. С тех пор прошло уже 3 года, но лицензии, понятное дело, до сих пор нет.

David Lee Rickman

ЦитироватьДа, проблемы с памятью там налицо! Вот еще один пример - когда я приобрел некоторые видеоматериалы по "Бурану" у "Видеокосмоса", В.Семенов обещал при первом же своем приезде в Москву передать мне письменную лицензию, подтверждающую мои права на их использование. С тех пор прошло уже 3 года, но лицензии, понятное дело, до сих пор нет.

Yes, I've heard the mail delivery in Russian can be like that!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :wink:

Лютич

I think it's not Salyut-2, because it was launched from different pad and it had slightly differnet colour scheme (dark line along the whole station)

You can see Salyut-2 in Мировая пилотируемая космонавтика? page 207
Смотреть телевизор и читать газеты - моя работа.

David Lee Rickman

ЦитироватьI think it's not Salyut-2, because it was launched from different pad and it had slightly differnet colour scheme (dark line along the whole station)

You can see Salyut-2 in Мировая пилотируемая космонавтика? page 207

I would love to see this image, but I have not yet been able to obtain this book. Salyut-2 and Salyut-3 did have slightly different paint schemes, but the dark colour on the front (top at launch) compartment was the radiator and was common on all three Almaz stations (Salyut- 2, 2, and 5).  Thier distinction would be around the forward manuevuering thruster area.  Salyut-2 was all dark in this area while Salyut-3 and 5 were white on the port and starboard sides. Can you scan and post the image you are referring to???

0-Y-0

Моя космическая программа здесь:

David Lee Rickman

ЦитироватьLet's have a look. We'll see.

Thank you. I would be grateful.

Лютич

Unfortunately I don't have any scanner at hand, so I had to use iSight camera

Смотреть телевизор и читать газеты - моя работа.

David Lee Rickman

ЦитироватьUnfortunately I don't have any scanner at hand, so I had to use iSight camera

That's okay. The image is clear enough to compare it to other images which confirm that this is the Salyut-2/Almaz OPS-1

Thank you very much for your help in identifying this image.

David L. Rickman